Monday, January 12, 2009

Lessons Learned Over the Holidays

There are a couple new things with my blog that I have worked on lately that I am excited to share with you.

The first was learning how to change the background, the "outer wrapper", and the header to change the look and feel. I wanted a new look for Christmas, but have been disappointed with the loading time of some of the cute backgrounds I've seen on other's blogs. Not to mention, when I visited the site to choose the cute look, my computer crashed. So, I took matters into my own hands, using free backgrounds I've found on the 'net. Below are the three for the holidays, and you can see my current look by visiting MerrieMelody.blogspot.com. Also, I have posted the links to the backgrounds I used on the sidebar.





The second was to create a table within a blog post (shown below). This made me sooo excited because it gave me extreme control over posting pics and words together in a way that I wanted without having to make it an image that would take forever to load for viewers. It allowed me to have my pics and words on a separate background color, too, enhancing the visual effect of it all.







Weekends.


Sleeping late.


Enjoying friendships.


Eating junk food.


Working on projects.


Playing games.


Reading books.


Worshipping.


Fellowshipping.


Relaxing.


Early to bed.


Monday.


So, over the next week or two, I will be discussing each of these sections separately: Creating a header, finding and changing the background and "outer wrapper" of a blogspot blog (I'll have to look separately at my wordpress blog and see if I can do the same thing there), and creating a table within a blog post.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Melody. I saw you over at be still Beth's blog. I'm going to come check out all your tutorials.
    I need to learn some more. I like that list of pictures. How fun.

    I just did a little blog overhaul myself last week.

    I'm bookmarking you.
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

    Joy

    ReplyDelete