Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Add a Playlist !

Another cool thing that I added to my own site at my MerrieMelody blog was a playlist. I can't tell you how much fun I had creating it and then listening to it for hours. I am a simple person, with simple pleasures!

There are some people that simply don't like listening to song on a blog, and that consideration has to be weighed when you are trying to decide whether or not to add one, but I *love* mine and am happy that most of the comments I've gotten about mine have been positive.

There are many, many free playlists out there as you can see by this google search, but the one I used was at Playlist.com. It was pretty easy to use and had most of the songs I was looking for. They give you a few color options, too, so you can match the playlist icon to your blog/site design.

Let me walk you through the process.

To start an account, create your signin with your login name and password.

From there, you start creating your playlist, adding songs to your heart's content. I often used google and amazon.com to help me remember the song name I was looking for.

When you are finished adding all the songs you desire, click on "my playlists" located at the top of the page.

Click on the option, "Add your playlist to your myspace!"

Then click option, "Get the playlist code for MySpace, Facebook, Blogger, hi5 or any other site!"

Then you will see: "1. Where do you want to put your playlist?" Scroll down and you'll see the options: a. MySpace, b. facebook, c. gaia online, d. friendster, and e. Get the code for any other social network, blog or your own personal website.

Click on the one appropriate for you. I'll talk you through option e.

At Step #2, click on the playlist you have created.

At #3, choose whether or not you want random shuffle, autostart, and choose your color. After you are finished choosing, click on "Get Code!" Then copy this info and paste it into the appropriate place on your site. With blogger, you can add it as a sidebar gadget under the heading of "HTML/JavaScript". Paste it, save it, and voila! You have a playlist on your site!

Step #4: Listen to your playlist and update it as often you'd like!

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment